Chaired by the Chair of the Governing Council of the APWF, Prof. Tommy Koh
in Singapore on June 26, 2009
Agenda for the 5th Governing Council Meeting of the Asia Pacific Water Forum
1. Chairmanship of the Meeting
10:00 – 13:00
2. Adoption of the agenda
3. Progress and update of concrete initiatives
They are expected to answer the following 3 questions in the 5 minutes presentation:
1) What is the objective of your concrete initiative?
2) What is one gap which your concrete initiative is intended to fill?
3) Who is your client?
4. Collaboration with Global Water Partnership
Proposals to intensify collaboration with GWP in APWF’s regional and in-country initiatives: GWP SEA
5. APWF previous and future events
(a) Asia-Pacific Regional Session at the 5th World Water Forum, Istanbul, 20 March 2009: Secretariat
» Summary of Chair Concluding Statement
(b) Past and planned events of the Asian Water Development Outlook: ADB
(e) Stockholm World Water Week, Stockholm, 16-22 August 2009
(i) Focus on Asia day on 18 August: ADB and Secretariat
(ii) IWRM Guideline Panel & Presentation on 16 & 17 August: UNESCO
Presentations: Eyes on Asia (1) / Eyes on Asia (2)
(f) International Year of Sanitation follow-up meeting, Tokyo, January 2010 (tbc): Secretariat
(h) Other events
6. Recommendations by the APWF KnowledgeHubs Initiative
Proposals resulting from the annual meeting of the regional water knowledge hubs on 24 June 2009 will be presented for endorsement by the Governing Council.
7. New initiatives
14:00 – 17:00
8. Discussion on agenda 3. to 7.
9. Other matters
10. Closing of the session