On July 13th, the 19th Governing Council Meeting of the APWF was held at Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center in Singapore.Attending were representatives of 28 partner organizations of the APWF. Mr. Ravi Narayanan and Ms. Changhua Wu, Chair and Vice Chair respectively of the APWF’s Governing Council, presided over the meeting. Participants exchanged views and discussed the preparatory process for the 8th World Water Forum, to be held in March, 2018, and on prospects for the 3rd Asia Pacific Water Summit (APWS).
After the discussion, the members agreed on several points.
- ・The APWF should continue to press for a process byu which there would be convergence between the regional, thematic, and political processes at the 8th World Water Forum.
- ・APWF members will recommend the theme of urban water security as an option in addition to the 6 themes proposed by the World Water Council (WWC) for the regional process.
- ・Focused actions shall be on the “last mile”, which requires to identify gaps, promote, innovation, and capture opportunity through collaboration and partnerships with public and private sectors when solutions of water security in the region are concerned.
- ・In the process leading up to the 8th World Water Forum, the APWF will welcome and promote participation by citizen’s groups, including women, the young, academia, as far as it was practical.
- ・The APWF will coordinate with the Asia Water Council (AWC), led by K-Water to take a concerted approach from the Asia Pacific Region.
|Date||8:45 – 12:00, 13th July, 2016|
|Venue||Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center, Singapore|
|Organizer||Asia-Pacific Water Forum (APWF)
(Host) Singapore Public Utilities Board
|Participants||Chair and Vice-chair of the APWF Governing Council
Representatives from the APWF lead organizations, sub-regional coordinators and members (26 people)
・Mr. Ravi Narayanan, GC Chair of APWF
・Ms. Changhua Wu, Vice chair of APWF
|8:50-8:55||Adoption of the Agenda|
|8:55– 10:15||Regional Process of the 8th World Water Forum|
|10:30- 11:45||3rd APWS’s prospects and possible roles of partners|
|11:45- 11:50||Other matters|
|11:50- 12:00||Wrap Up|
By Yumiko Asayama, Manager, Secretariat of the APWF