3rd Asia-Pacific Water Summit, Yangon, Myanmar 2017
The Asia Pacific region has been facing a variety of water issues and is now being expected to be the center of growth to lead the world economy, therefore coping with water-related issues in an appropriate manner forms a basis for sustainable development of the society not only in this region but also in the world.
In pursuit of the SDGs adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015, the upcoming 3rd Asia-Pacific Water Summit (APWS) will be held in Myanmar under the overarching theme “water security for sustainable development”.
Official leaflet is here(PDF)
Overall Program(distributed on 11-12th, Dec.,2017) is here(PDF)
Program Book (printed in Nov.,2017 ) is here(PDF, 5MB)
Yangon Declaration: The Pathway forward is here(PDF)
|Theme||Water Security for Sustainable Development|
|Date||11th-12th December 2017|
|Venue||SEDONA Hotel Yangon, Myanmar|
|Organizer||The Republic of the Union of Myanmar and Asia-Pacific Water Forum (APWF)|
|Invitees and Participants||
In pursuit of the SDGs, the 3rd APWS will be held:
– to set out a course for the sustainable development of the Asia-Pacific region with a perspective on water,
– to provide and share concrete actions, solutions, innovation toward transboundary and multi-partnership cooperation for integrated water resources management, water-based economy and implementation of globally agreed agendas.
1. Reviving Hydrological Cycles: Rainwater Harvesting and Sustainable Groundwater Management >>Read more_Session 1
2. Governance for Sustainable Urban Water Supply >> Read more _Session 2
3. Better Governance: Inclusive Approach through good practices on water governance and IWRM >>Read more_Session 3
4. Water and Disasters in the context of Climate Change: From the Mountains and the Islnads >>Read more_Session 4
5. Water, Energy, Food and Ecosystems >> Read more_Session 5
6. Improving Sanitation and Wastewater Management >> Read more_Session 6
7. Roles of Women and Youth in Water Security and SDGs >> Read more_Session7
8. Financing the Implementation of the Water-Related SDGs >> Read more_Session 8
9. Working Together: Multi-Stakeholders Partnership for Regional Cooperation >> Read more_Session9
10. Source-to-Sea Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region >> Read more_Session 10
A Message/Declaration will be shared in relevant international water conferences such as the 8th World Water Forum held in Brazil on 18th- 23th March 2018.
Countries in the Asia-Pacific region
The number of the target countries and regions for the APWS is 49 according the criteria of the Asia-Pacific region in the preparatory process of the 4th World Water Forum; Afghanistan, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea, Kyrgyzstan , Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Island, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Niue, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, East Timor, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.